Michael Schwinn, DDS
I love helping my patients attain their oral and overall health needs and I constantly work to expand my knowledge of the latest advances in esthetic, implant, and restorative dentistry.
I am grateful for the trust patients have given me and enjoy a personal as well as professional relationship with many of my patients.
Education and Experience
I find it very rewarding to be able to help patients of all ages achieve and maintain functional, beautiful smiles. To do this, I’ve made sure that I have the education and training patients can feel confident in. I earned my Bachelor of Arts degree with Honors from the University of Texas at Austin in 1975, then I continued on to receive my Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the University of Texas Dental School in 1981. I have lived and practiced dentistry in Hawaii since 1982.
As a dental provider, my goal is to optimize each patient’s oral health and well-being. In order to do this I continue my education, learning about new treatments and technology in all aspects of dentistry in order to provide the very best care possible.
- Graduate of Kois Center for Dental Excellence
- Interdisciplinary Treatment Planning
- Functional Occlusion
- Restorative/ Periodontal Interface
- Complex Restorative Management
- Cohesively and Adhesively Retained Restorations
- Fixed, Removable, and Retained Implants
- Hornbrook Group Ultimate Occlusion
- Pac-Live Pacific Esthetic Continuum
- World Clinic Laser Institute
- Tennant Institute for Integrative Medicine
Outside the Office
I am originally from Houston, TX, and currently reside in Honolulu with my wife, Vien, and our two daughters, Mikela and Kiele. I love spending time in the beautiful outdoors and am an avid kite surfer, dirt biker, and surfer. I also enjoy mountain biking, paddling, and swimming.